Lakeview Massage & Therapy
Policies and Procedures
The following policies and procedures serve as a guide for first-time and regular massage clients of Lakeview Massage & Therapy
At Lakeview Massage & Therapy, your appointments are reserved for you. We have these policies in place to provide the best possible services for our clients. Thank you for understanding. In our commitment to provide a relaxing and outstanding massage experience for all of our clients and out of consideration for our therapists, we have adopted the following policies:
ARRIVAL TO YOUR MASSAGE - Please arrive for your appointment 15 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. This allows you the time to fill out the appropriate client intake form (new clients) and any other prep necessary. All massages have a specific time schedule and early arrival allows for a relaxed and unhurried experience.
If late arrival is inevitable, your service may be shortened within the originally schedule time in order for our therapists to keep on schedule. The full time will still be charged. A phone call, if running late, is always appreciated.
APPOINTMENT INFORMATION - A credit card is required to have on file in order to reserve all appointments. Cancellations made less than 24 hours before the scheduled appointment time will be charged full price of all services booked. No shows, appointments cancelled or rescheduled within 24 hours will be charged in full for all services booked. You are responsible for keeping your appointment times, we cannot guarantee reminders.
Rescheduling day of is considered a cancellation and will be charged the fill price of services.
LATE ARRIVAL POLICY - Please call us if you’re running late. In order to remain on schedule for all our clients, your massage therapy session will be shortened within your service time if you are late for your appointment. The regular service price will still apply.
Other Massage Therapy Policies
INFORMED CONSENT - Prior to each massage session, the treatment plan will be discussed with you. At your first visit with us you will receive a copy of the massage therapy policies and will be asked to sign the consent stating that you have read the information, understand it, and agree to comply with the professional massage therapy policies and procedures. Clients who we have not seen for at least a year will also be asked to fill out this form again.
Scope of Practice
- Lakeview Massage and Therapy therapists are Louisiana licensed professionals with years of experience and are held to the highest standards American Massage Therapy Association.
- Massage Therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply adjunctive therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client.
- Massage Therapists do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions nor are they allowed to provide treatment for a specific condition without a doctor’s supervision. The massage therapist is required to refer you for diagnosis and follow recommendations of your regular physician.
Respect for Client Needs and Boundaries
- Our Massage Therapists are happy to adjust pressure, temperature, musical volume, work longer on an area or move on if you request it.
- The client may choose to: leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any massage methods, stop massage at any time and is free to leave.
- The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped.
- Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures. The situation will immediately be reported and the client will then be asked to leave. The client will not be rescheduled if this occurs.
- When therapists work on chest, low back, hip & gluteal area, it can be worked through the draping if requested.
- Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate.
- We do not massage anyone under the age of 18 unless the parent or guardian is in the room and signs the appropriate form.
Confidentiality and Conversation
- The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
- We are happy to listen to your conversation and share our professional expertise. We prefer to not discuss topics of a political, private or sexual nature.
Existing and New Medical Conditions
- It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken, and to provide any written permission needed from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc.
- The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.
- For clients undergoing chemo and radiation therapies – please note that we require a doctor’s note that states the doctor is aware of and agrees to the desired massage treatment.
Our clinic does not offer direct billing to insurance companies, unless you are currently a patient of Upper cervical Family Chiropractic and Wellness and provide our therapists with the doctors note. We can provide an itemized receipt for your session that you may submit to your insurance company for possible reimbursement. You must contact your health insurance provider to verify that massage therapy is a covered plan benefit and for proper instructions on how to submit your claim. You are responsible for full payment at time of service.
Lakeview Massage & Therapy is not responsible for lost or stolen gift certificates. Gift certificates cannot be refunded after 30 days. They are non-redeemable for cash value and expire after 1 year if not used. Gift certificates may not be used to purchase other gift certificates. We have the right to refuse service or reverse any gift certificate purchase for any reason and return the funds to the purchaser at the original purchase price. If the service price exceeds the amount of the gift certificate, the redeemer is responsible for the remaining balance. Gift certificates cannot be combined with ANY additional discounts, including: discounted gift certificates, coupons, membership discounts or special offers.
Lakeview Massage & Therapy reserves the right to update, change, or discontinue memberships at any time. We reserve the right to terminate memberships at any time due to failed payments or inappropriate behavior by you or a secondary member on your membership. Excluding termination for inappropriate conduct, all unused massages will remain on your account for you to redeem or they may be converted into gift certificates of equal value. Benefits have no cash value and no refunds will be issued for unused benefits.